Book Award 2021
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the Book Award?
To further promote one of the key values of Co-operative –caring for others, the Book Award was launched by the NUS Co-operative (NUS Co-op) in 1987 for the benefit of needy student co-op members. Awards (each worth $400) are presented annually to students for the purchase of books and stationeries, etc from the co-op outlets. To-date, 1,556 awards worth a total of $522,500 have been given.
What are the pre-requisites required to be eligible for the Award?
- Applicants must be approved student members of the NUS Co-op at the time of their application. You will need to sign up as a member before you can apply for the book award.
- A full-time undergraduate of NUS. (Part-time, exchange students & graduates are not eligible to apply) and
- Priority will be given to first time applicants
What is the application process of the Book Award?
- The application will be announced to all undergraduates via email.
- The application will be open for four weeks from early September 2021.
- Application form can be downloaded from https://www.nuscoop.sg/
- Completed forms are to be submitted via email to: email@example.com
- Applicants are required to complete all fields in the application forms. Incomplete forms and applications submitted after closing date will not be processed by the Committee.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and scheduled for an interview session in end October/early November 2021.
- Successful applications will be invited to a presentation ceremony in January 2022 to receive their awards subject to pursuant to the COVID-19 order by government.
What are the selection criteria of the Book Award?
Applicant’s financial status is the key factor
You are encouraged to submit relevant documents which help us to have a better understanding of your financial circumstances. Following verification, we will return the documents to you.
A good track record of community involvement is helpful in your application.
If I am already a recipient of another bursary or scholarship, can I still apply for the Book Award?
To help more students in the large NUS student population, priority will be given to applicants who do not have scholarship and/or bursary in this academic year 2021/2022.
I am a past Book Award recipient, Can I still apply for this academic year?
To ensure a fair spread of financial assistance to our student members, priority will be given to the first-time applicants.
I will be away for exchange program in October 2021 and hence cannot come for the interview if I were to be shortlisted. Can I be exempted for the interview or given another interview date after I come back to Singapore?
All shortlisted applicants must attend the interview session. The interview sessions will be scheduled in end October/early November 2021 and no other sessions will be scheduled thereafter.
If my application is successful, but I am unable to attend the Presentation Ceremony because of some prior arrangement, will I still be given the Award?
All successful applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the Presentation Ceremony. However, if you are unable to attend due to some important commitments, you are required to send a representative to receive the Award on your behalf. You will be disqualified from the award if you are unable to give a satisfactory reason to explain your absence during the ceremony.
For enquiries, please contact Doreen at 6776 6575 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org