NUS Co-op T-shirt Design Competition 2022
- 1. NUS Co-op T-shirt design competition is organised by NUS Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society Pte Ltd.
- 2. The theme of the competition is “For students, by students”. Participants are required to design a T-Shirt by drawing inspiration from NUS campus life, values or their own NUS experiences etc. The T-Shirt should be suitable for wearing by NUS students on campus.
- 3. The design can be for the front and/or back of a round neck T-shirt.
- 4. Selected designs for production will be printed without further embellishments or accessories.
- 5. Entries submitted should not contain the official NUS logo and/or NUS Co-op logo.
Eligibility of entries
- 1. Existing NUS students from all disciplines are welcome to participate in the competition.
- 2. There is no limit to the number of entries submitted by any one participant.
- a. Full name
- b. Matriculation number
- c. Faculty
- d. Year of study
- e. Course of study
- f. Contact number/email
- g. Brief description of your inspiration/design
Judging process and prizes
- 1. Entries will be judged based on the following:
For 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize
- a. Assessment by NUS Co-op Management Team and Organising Committee based on design creativity and relevance to the theme (100%)
- a. Number of likes in NUS Co-op Instagram account (100%)
Both types of Prizes are not mutually exclusive; meaning a design can be awarded 1st/2nd/3rd Prize and/or Students’ Pick Prize.
- 2. There will be 3 winning entries, with 2 Students’ Pick prizes as listed below:
- a. 1st Prize: $500 cash
- b. 2nd Prize: $400 cash
- c. 3rd Prize: $300 cash
- d. 2x Student’s Pick prizes: $150 cash each
- 3. Designs selected will be printed on T-shirts, and other merchandise to NUS Co-op’s discretion. Should your design be selected for production, the designer of the selected design will also receive a complimentary set of products as a token of appreciation, once the products are produced.
- 4. NUS Co-op has full discretion to decide on which designs to select for production, regardless of ranking of prizes awarded. Being awarded a Prize does not guarantee that your design will be produced.
- 5. By entering the competition, participants agree to the terms and conditions of the competition and the decisions of the Organising Committee.
Announcement of results
- 1. The competition results will be announced on our social media platforms. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email by 14 Jan 2022.
Intellectual property rights
- 1. All entries must be original and not have been entered in other competitions.
- 2. All submitted entries will become the property of NUS Co-op. Participants are advised to make and retain copies of their own designs for their record and use. By entering into the Competition, a participant irrevocably transfers the full copyright of his or her submitted entry to NUS Co-op for printing on T-shirts, and/or other merchandise. NUS Co-op shall have, among other things the right to reproduce without compensation all or portions and edited versions of the design on an unlimited, worldwide basis in its publications, publicity and other marketing materials, in any form. NUS Co-op, when appropriate, will cite the names of the designer if, in its opinion, significant portions of an entry are used. NUS Co-op will also change or conceal names and/or other information in any published entry or part thereof to maintain confidentiality where necessary or required.
- 3. NUS Co-op reserves the right at all times to make amendments, additions to, deletions or otherwise make any changes to the entry form, the Terms and Conditions herein or any part of the competition and its related events, with or without notice, including, but not limited to, changes to the prizes to be won. NUS Co-op further reserves the right to suspend, discontinue or terminate the competition at any time, at its absolute discretion, without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever.
- 4. Upon the submission of the relevant entry forms and submission templates to NUS Co-op, itis deemed that all applicants agree to abide by:
- a. All the terms and conditions of the T-Shirt Design Competition stated herein (‘the Terms and Conditions’):
- b. Any other requirements as determined by NUS Co-op from time to time.
- 5. Notwithstanding anything herein, in no event will NUS Co-op be liable to anyone for any illegal participation in the competition by any persons and it is deemed that all participants agree to indemnify, and keep NUS Co-op fully indemnified against any loss or damage incurred, and/or claims or proceedings brought against NUS Co-op for unlawful or illegal participation in the competition. Participants shall represent and warrant that their submissions are original and do not violate the copyright of third parties.
- 6. NUS Co-op reserves the right to add the NUS logo on the sleeve, or the area below the neckline on the back of the shirt.
- 7. In the event that your design is selected for production, NUS Co-op reserves the right to make modifications to optimise the designs for production, to the Company’s discretion.
06 Jan 2022 - Deadline for submissions
14 Jan 2022 - Shortlisted entries will be notified
21 Jan 2022 - Designs will be uploaded on website for Student's Pick round and voting commences
25 Jan 2022 - Closing of Student's Pick round
11 Feb 2022 - Announcement of results
Should you have any queries regarding the above mentioned terms and conditions, please contact us at email@example.com.